Please note that as an Amazon Associate and a member of other affiliate programs, I may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you when you purchase from the links in this article.
Ardell is 100% cruelty free. None of their ingredients and finished products are tested on animals, by anyone, anywhere in the world.
However, Ardell is not 100% vegan as a brand because some of their products contain animal-derived ingredients or animal by-products.
If you want to learn more about this cruelty free brand, keep on reading.
And if you’d like to update your beauty collection with some new Ardell lashes or maybe another one of their products, make sure to check out the last section of this post where I’ve listed some of their best-sellers.
Let’s dive right in!
Is Ardell cruelty free? Are Ardell products tested on animals?
Ardell doesn’t test on animals and is 100% cruelty free.
I reached out to this brand and confirmed that:
- Ardell’s finished products aren’t tested on animals by anyone, anywhere in the world
- The ingredients used in their products are never tested on animals by anyone, anywhere in the world
- Third parties never test Ardell products on animals
- Ardell is not sold in mainland China, or in any country where animal testing is still required by law
If you’re interested, these are the specific questions I asked them, along with their answers:
1. Do you test your finished products or ingredients on animals?
2. Do you ensure that your suppliers don’t test on animals?
– Yes. Their factories are also inspected.
3. Do you commission third parties to test your products or ingredients on animals?
4. Are your products sold in stores in mainland China, or in any country where animal testing is required by law?
5. Do you use animal-derived ingredients in any of your products?
– Some of our red pigmented products may contain carmine
6. Do you use animal hair in any of your lashes?
– No. Our lashes are either synthetic, responsibly sourced human hair fibers or a blend of both. Our Faux Mink line is 100% synthetic.Source: email communication with Ardell
Additionally, Ardell is certified as a cruelty free brand by Leaping Bunny, which is one of the strictest cruelty free certifications out there.
If you’re confused by the different cruelty free certifications and want to learn about the differences between them, check out my post Cruelty Free Certifications Explained: Who Can You Trust?.
Keep on reading for more information!
Is Ardell sold in China?
No, Ardell products are NOT sold in physical stores in mainland China.
Why can’t cruelty free brands sell in mainland China?
Animal testing is still happening for products sold in physical stores in mainland China.
Pre-market animal testing is required for all special-use imported products, and non-routine post-market testing on animals may also be done in cases of customer complaints.
However, please keep in mind that this doesn’t apply to products sold in stores at the airports, or in Hong Kong.
Also, products can be sold online and shipped to mainland China without being tested on animals.
Is Ardell owned by a parent brand? If yes, is it cruelty free?
Ardell is owned by American International Industries, a company that is cruelty free.
Ardell’s parent company also owns other cruelty free brands that are certified by Leaping Bunny. Some of these include: Andrea, Body Drench, Bye Bye Blemish, China Glaze, and others.
Is Ardell vegan?
Ardell is not 100% vegan.
They sometimes use carmine in some of their red pigmented products, which is not a vegan ingredient.
However, most of their products are actually vegan, so make sure to check the ingredient list.
Additionally, none of their lashes contain any animal hair – as mentioned above, they are either synthetic, responsibly sourced human hair fibers or a blend of both. Ardell’s Faux Mink line is 100% synthetic.
Best Ardell products
Ardell is a beauty brand mostly famous for their lashes.
You can find their products on Amazon.
All Ardell lashes are 100% cruelty free so you can use them without worrying about animals being harmed for your lashes!
Definitely check out some of their best-sellers:
Try the Ardell Demi Wispies False Eyelashes which are lightweight, subtle and natural-looking, but can also easily be adapted in a more glamorous and extra look.
Another pair of their best-selling lashes are the Ardell False Lashes Faux Mink Demi Wispies, which are made from 100% faux mink (synthetic).
Now it’s your turn!
Have you tried any Ardell lashes or other products? If so, what are your favorites?
Tell us in the comments below!